Welcome Failure

This is what you shall do

Friday, October 7
8:00pm–8:30pm
Segal Theatre
Photo by Bryson Rand

Photo by Bryson Rand

This is what you shall do; re-examine all you have been told in school or church or in any book, and dismiss whatever insults your own soul; and your very flesh shall be a great poem, and have the richest fluency, not only in its words, but in the silent lines of its lips and face, and between the lashes of your eyes, and in every motion and joint of your body.

I AM A BOYS CHOIR presents the show about queer history we wish we had seen as children. Performed by a cast of young people, This is what you shall do opens a queer past that is hundreds of centuries old, and explodes outwards to a place where time loses linearity, the future is now, and the past is covered in stardust.
Participating Artists: I AM A BOYS CHOIR is Adam Rigg, Chris DeVita, and Kate Attwell 3-5 children between 6 and 14 years old.

This event is part of a performance series from 6:00pm- 8:30pm, followed by a short discussion.
Start time is approximate.

• I AM A BOYS CHOIR
    Photo by Bryson Rand

I AM A BOYS CHOIR is an interdisciplinary performance collective currently based in Brooklyn. We construct events that straddle video, installation, sculpture, choreography, music, and performance. We use our work as a site to unpack our experiences by excavating personal relics and public histories and then smashing them against pop culture. With a fair dose of camp, we use clashing contents and materials as access points to hash out contemporary ideas about gender, performance, class, and embodiment. I AM A BOYS CHOIR was founded in 2013 by designer Adam Rigg, choreographer Chris DeVita, and playwright Kate Attwell. Since their debut production at La Mama ETC in August 2014, I AM A BOYS CHOIR’s work has been presented at The Public Theater (Under theRadar), REDCAT (New Original Works Festival), The Knockdown Center (CATCH), The Wassaic Project, Movement Research at The Judson Church, Dixon Place, JACK, and BAM.

Upcoming: World Premiere Fall 2017

iamaboyschoir.com